Monday, August 20, 2012

James is a Climber

James has learned how to climb.

For several heart-attack-inducing, goose-egg-producing weeks, he has not known how to climb back down, and simply teetered over the edge head-first. Yikes.

Thankfully, we've seen him successfully climb up and down on Caleb's small chair, the "daddy chair" rocker, and Caleb's toddler bed. Talk about the school of hard knocks!

James's current favorite thing to climb is Caleb's small chair. He has even figured out how to stand up in it.

I'm losing years off of my life here, people!

The video below is what I watched him do four or five times yesterday. Believe me that I made this video for posterity's sake, and then promptly (and sternly) got James off the table. That boy is pure second child. Where a stern "no" will stop Caleb in his tracks (most days), James will endure even worse discipline, then head right back to what he was doing.

No children were harmed in the making of this film...only a small heart attack on the mama's part.


3 comments:

  1. He is clearly investigating how that flower thing works! I am not going to let Emily watch this, I don't want her to get any ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for motor skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a turkey! And sorry for the heart attacks.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment!