Friday, September 21, 2012

Potty Training Day 1

Yesterday was surprisingly uneventful regarding potty training. I sat James on the potty every 30 minutes, and he went every time! Once I was a couple minutes late, and when I went to pick him up to put him on the potty, he'd already gone. Another time he didn't go, so we took him back off. About 10 minutes later I was going to try again and he started pottying just as I was about to pick him up. So those were our only two accidents!

Granted, he was in a diaper for a good part of the day--during nap, while Dad was on duty, and when we went to dinner at the church. And I think that's just going to have to be how it is this time around. As much as I'd like to hole up for a week, it just isn't feasible! Hopefully switching back and forth between diaper and undies won't be too confusing.

After dinner, James's diaper was almost dry, and he went immediately when I put him on the potty, so I feel like that's a good sign.

He's starting to get frustrated, though, getting stiff as a board when I'm trying to sit him on the potty. I remember that same resistance with Caleb. Usually a book or song distracts him enough to let me get him on the potty.

So, there you have it. Day 1. Day 2 is commencing!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's doing great! Hang in there Momma.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment!