Sunday, July 27, 2008

Twenty-Three Weeks

The weeks are zooming by! I'm going to make this a quick post this time....

Caleb is 11 inches and just a little over a pound, now! He loves to move, and I feel him all the time!

For me, nothing much new. My belly's a little bigger, my hips still hurt, and that's about all there is to report! I've slept on the couch a couple of times--not through the night, just when I wake up and then can't get comfortable again. The couch isn't really any more comfortable, but at least then I'm not keeping both myself and Jon awake!

I've been working on my registry this week. I have all the big-ticket items, which is really great. Holly went with me to Target the other day, and we got a lot registered for. I still haven't picked out toys--something about that aisle of colors and noises is overwhelming for me--but I think I'm pretty far on the rest of it. However, between Babies R Us and Target, I've gotten things in a bit of a mess by registering for the same thing at both places, and some things are only available online or in stores. Probably not a huge deal, but I'll be working on cleaning it all up this week.

I might cut some things out, too, because I always feel a little indignant when I print off someone's registry and it's 17 pages long. Just how much do they think I'm going to buy them? So I may take off the diapers and other miscellaneous things. Otherwise, I went with the philosophy, "Register for what you want, and if you don't get it, buy what you can afford." So I registered for some things that I probably wouldn't buy for myself, but it sure would be nice to have.

Okay, that's about it. It's past my bedtime and I might turn into a pumpkin. :) I'm trying to do much better about getting enough sleep...we'll see if I do better this week. What am I going to do when I have a kiddo who won't let me sleep more than an hour at a time??

2 comments:

  1. You will be tired!

    Glad you're working on the registry. Can't wait to see it.

    I'm glad you're having such an "uneventful", normal pregnancy. That's a blessing!.

    Can't wait to meet that little man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The registries look good to me. Wow, babies need a lot of stuff, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment!