Monday, October 12, 2009

Farmer's Market Fun

I distinctly remember the Saturday before Caleb was born. Jon and I slept in, and I thought to myself, "This is the last time in a long time that we will be able to do this." And finally--ten months later--we got to sleep in on Saturday! The night before, Caleb was at the babysitter's house while I was at a church function. I went to pick him up around 9:30pm; he was fast asleep and I ended up staying and chatting for quite awhile. I finally got him home and to bed by 11:30. The trip home had started to wake him up, so for expediency I went ahead and nursed him to get him back to sleep. I guess that late-night feeding did the trick, because Caleb didn't wake up until 9:00 the next morning!!

Sure, I was awake by 8:00, but that didn't keep me from staying put in bed until I heard a peep from the monitor. And sure, by 8:25 I had the monitor turned as high as it would go and pressed to my ear, because even ten months into it I sometimes still fear the worst, and I was listening for rustling, breathing, anything.... So I might not have been sleeping for that last hour, but it was still pretty great. I know it won't happen again for awhile, and I'm so glad we had an open day to enjoy it.

When we did all finally get up, it was a cool grey day, perfect for watching football and going to the farmer's market! We managed to fit both in, though the Baylor game was more than disappointing. So...the farmers market:

"I've got the keys, mom! Let's go!"

"Hm...nice pumpkins...but not as big as the one I have at home!"


"Please mom? Can I have this one?"

Testing for ripeness....

"What?? 25 bucks?! That's outrageous."

"Well, this one is more my size anyway, and the market lady said I could have it for free!"

"The stem is perfect for chewing."

Daddy and me.

"My new pumpkin..."

"...and my sweet new ride!"

8 comments:

  1. Yay! The boots got another wear in there, and perfect for the farmers market! In some pics, Caleb looks like a baby still and in others, you see that little boy coming through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen. I noticed the boots first! and she's right that sometimes he looks like a baby and others, a toddler. He's about to leave infancy behind! Love the photos, looks like a fun trip! Y'all are such good parents to provide experiences for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew y'all would spot those John Deere boots in an instant! Yep, he's sported those to the farmers market and to church! He's quite the snazzy dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think it's funny, the poofy diapers give him the 'old man' paunch! Glad y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lea: Heehee...you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Looks like he had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha... I did notice that he fills out his jeans well, but I forgot about those diapers!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment!