Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

This year was our first time ever to be a part of a Valentine's Day party. We have recently been a part of a playgroup, and it has been so much fun. That playgroup got together for a Valentine's pizza party, and almost everyone was able to attend...which added up to 20 kids or more! It was a bit chaotic, but the boys had a great time. I think the best part was the anticipation of it.

We were only supposed to wrap the Valentine's box, and then decorate it at the party, but Caleb was very anxious to use the stickers we bought for decorating.
Caleb's car is #1, the biggest and fastest!

Switching gears...to sock monkeys!

Taking his time to find just the right sticker.
 We also attempted a homemade Valentine, which I confess it did not even occur to me that boxed Valentines even existed until we'd gotten all the supplies for this fun craft. I also gotta tell you, I loved it! Sometimes (a lot of times) I convince myself that my life just has too much in it to take time for creativity, and I forget that creativity often makes me a better, happier person! I was quite happy cutting and pasting on Tuesday night.

Following the template from the Family Fun magazine.

Yep, it was a mess!

The clothes pins are holding everything in place while it all dries.

All done and stacked into a box, ready to distribute. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see it so neatly packed in! Seriously.

"You're fan-tastic! Love, Caleb & James"
Tada! It opens up to a heart fan! The kids thought it was so fun at the party!

My two boys, at Hope Landing on the morning of the party.

At the pizza place for lunch. Someone's excited about all the goings-on!

James is ready for food!

"Take a picture of the bubbles, Mommy!"

James checking out the pizza.

Caleb dives in

And so does James! This is huge for James to try pizza!

He only ate about four bites, but I was so proud of him!

Caleb passes out his fan to one of his favorite friends, Lilah.

Dropping it in Lucas's box.


We came home with quite a box of goodies!
To top it off, Caleb enjoyed cupcakes and passing out the last of his Valentine's at Awana on Wednesday night. I don't think he even realized we'd been celebrating a day early, but he didn't care. I didn't either. It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment!