Monday, October 27, 2008

Praying

I've had two bits of advice recently, both to pray for my nurses.

One bit was during a conversation about natural childbirth. I was expressing my concern over having to fight the system in order to have a natural delivery, and my friend suggested I start praying for a nurse who would be understanding, encouraging, and knowledgeable in the ways of natural labor and delivery.

The second bit was a conversation with a nurse, who stated how there are times when, inexplicably, she will go above and beyond for a particular patient, and she wondered if it was because of people praying for her care of that patient.

So I thought that was interesting and I would pass it on. The nurse, after all, spends more time with the mom-to-be than the doctor does, and that relationship can make or break the whole experience. So I will pray for my nurse, that she will be kind and gentle and understanding, that she will be having a good day and will be rested. I'm also praying that my actions and the actions of my family will reflect Christ to that nurse, and that we can bless her in some way.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I'll start today.

    When will you update your photo? It only goes to Week 32?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo to be hopefully updated today! Was going to do it yesterday, but my nap seemed so much more important! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying, too, but for a somewhat selfish motive... that your nurse will be nice enough to let me in there!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment!