Thursday, October 02, 2008

Where's Clyde?

When we first put the crib in the nursery, I expected the cats to find it immediately. Surprisingly, they didn't! However, curiosity gets a hold of every cat, and it wasn't too long before Clyde made his way into the crib. Boy, what fun he had! He ran around it, chased his tail, and was just generally a hyper kitty quite proud of what he'd discovered. It took Bonnie a bit longer to discover the crib. I worried a little that the cats would claim the crib as their own, and then they'd be put out when Caleb came, but they really didn't do much in the nursery unless we were in there as well.

Well, the other day, I walked in to discover this:
First of all, have you ever seen a funnier looking sleeping position?? Clyde sleeps like this all the time. One half facing one way, the other have facing the other way.

He was eyeing the mobile, but didn't make a move for it. I think he figured he'd found a comfy spot and had no intentions of leaving.

Well, that's the only time I've seen him sleeping in the crib. I've seen Bonnie laying in there once now, as well, though just while I was in there. They haven't made a habit of it, and I'm not going to worry about it unless it actually becomes a territory issue, which we won't find out until Caleb comes. I figure a little bundle who waves his arms erratically (probably knocking kitties in the process) will prove to be too much for them, and they'll find a less crowded place to sleep.

As an interesting side note, Bonnie is now 6.5 pounds, and Clyde is 7.5 pounds. So they just might be good examples of how big Caleb is when he's born!

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Those are great pics, too! Pretty soon you'll be taking less and less pics of those silly kitties and more of a certain somebody!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I used to find Seth snuggled up to his brother all the time in the crib. He would wait until I was busy doing something in another room, then sneak into the nursery. It was really hard to tell him not to do it when it was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute little guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kitty is such a baby, sucking his thumb...I mean napping in the crib! :P

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment!