You'd think the plan would consist of "I'll be out 6 weeks. See ya when I get back," but really, that would be too simple! Here is my plan:
- I will work up until the day of delivery unless medically necessary to leave earlier.
- My last day to come into the home office will be Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008.
- I will notify work upon checking into the hospital.
- I will take a full 6 weeks off of work.
- At the end of 6 weeks, I will do one of the following (in order of likelihood):
- I will start back to work on a full-time basis;
- If I deem it necessary, I will return to work 2-3 days a week, using the new year's PTO to make up the difference until I am able to resume a 5-day/week schedule.
- If medically necessary, I will take more time unpaid.
- I will contact work every two weeks of my leave to keep them apprised of my current situation and future plans, per FMLA requirements.
- I have approximately 20 days PTO, leaving the remainder of the 6 weeks unpaid
Leave starting Friday, Nov. 21
Return January 5, 2009
Days paid: 20
Days unpaid: 6
Total business days: 31
If I do not deliver on Nov. 21, I will notify work with the specifics of my leave within the first week of delivery.
Signed and dated.