Sunday, March 16, 2008

Today, we told the family...

Well, I've not been a regular contributor to this blog, but I'll try to kick in some of my POV from time to time from now on.

Yesterday, we told my family (Mom and Dad, Dave and Karen), and today we told Lydia's side (Alan and Carolyn, John and Karen). It has been so wonderful to see how excited everyone is for us. I don't think they are as excited as we are, or as anxious!

I'm so looking forward to being a dad. I've actually put some considerable thought into the prospect, and I really hope and pray that Lydia and I can do a good job. It is strange to know that someone else will so fully depend upon us, not only for care and supply of the basic needs but also, and more importantly, for formation - formation of the body, the mind, and the heart. For this process, I know that I will need to grow more dependant upon God's power and activity in my life. The truth is: I am not a good person, a good parent, a good teacher, a good comforter, by myself. However, I (and Lydia, of course) do not have to go forward with this endeavour by myself! Thanks be to God!

Well, that's just how I feel right now. I'll input some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment!