Monday, April 14, 2008

Newbie's First Photo Shoot

Today was the day of the first appointment! It went great! Here's our first look at our little Newbie!
Kind of looks like a peanut, and the head is on the left of the photos. There are some bumps on the side that could be arms and legs--at 8 weeks, Newbie should have those, but the nurse didn't mention it.

The pictures aren't the greatest, but seeing the heartbeat was pretty cool. It was a tiny, fast flutter that said things are okay.

My due date is as we'd expected, November 21, 2008.

We really liked the doctor. She was very personable and down to earth, and she listened to every question I had. They took my bloodwork and everything else, and that's it! My next appointment is May 12. I came home with a bag full of samples and other goodies, and Jon and I were both happy and excited about the experience. The doctor's office is 5 minutes away, and in the hospital where we'll have the baby.

Once again I'm humbled by the blessings God has given us.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for Newbie! We finally get to see you, wow, what changes will occur by the time we get to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hooray for Newbie! Grow strong and perfect!! We're anxious to meet you in November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a full bladder you have there Lydia! I hope you were able to relieve yourself thereafter. :P I would never have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. Ha ha. Your "in-ards" are beautiful and your baby is too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think you have a lovely peanut! Here's to his first photo and many better ones to come! =) Maybe even a smile one day, maybe!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment!